T.A.B ( TellAnybody).
These are a few “oaths” that many men and women have taken please take the time and read them……..
The Miltary Oath
“I, _____ (SSAN), having been appointed an officer in the Army of the United States, as indicated above in the grade of _____ do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter; So help me God.” (DA Form 71, 1 August 1959, for officers.)
The Hypocratic Oath For Physicans
At the time of being admitted as a member of the medical profession:
- I solemnly pledge myself to consecrate my life to the service of humanity;
- I will give to my teachers the respect and gratitude which is their due;
- I will practice my profession with conscience and dignity;
- The health of my patient will be my first consideration;
- I will respect the secrets which are confided in me;
- I will maintain by all the means in my power, the honour and the noble traditions of the medical profession;
- My colleagues will be my brothers and sisters;
- I will not permit considerations of religion, nationality, race, gender, politics, socioeconomic standing, or sexual orientation to intervene between my duty and my patient;
- I will maintain the utmost respect for human life; even under threat, I will not use my medical knowledge contrary to the laws of humanity;
- I make these promises solemnly, freely and upon my honour.
Ethical oath for police officers
The ethical oath for police officers is taken by all police officers on completion of the Diploma in Police Studies. The oath is normally taken at the Police School in the presence of the National Police Commissioner. Family members, friends, teaching staff and other representatives will also be present.The ethical oath was introduced at the beginning of 2001. The oath reads as follows: Oath concerning the professional ethics of police officers I DO SOLEMNLY DECLARE UPON MY HONOUR AND CONSCIENCE THAT I WILL ACT AT ALL TIMES TO THE BEST OF MY ABILITY AND KNOWLEDGE IN A MANNER BEFITTING A POLICE OFFICER I WILL PRESERVE THE DIGNITY AND WILL RESPECT THE RIGHTS OF ALL INDIVIDUALS I WILL DISCHARGE MY DUTIES WITH INTEGRITY AND WILL PROMOTE UNDERSTANDING AND CONCILIATION I WILL EXERCISE MY AUTHORITY AS A POLICE OFFICER IN THE MANNER INTENDED BY THE LAW I WILL FAITHFULLY OBEY THE ORDERS OF MY SUPERIORS AND WILL BE READY TO CONFRONT DANGER IN THE LINE OF DUTY I WILL ACT WITH HONESTY, COURTESY AND REGARD FOR THE WELFARE OF OTHERS, AND WILL ENDEAVOUR TO DEVELOP THE ESPRIT DE CORPS I WILL ACT JUSTLY AND IMPARTIALLY AND WITH PROPRIETY TOWARDS MY FELLOW OFFICERS I WILL CONSTANTLY STRIVE TO HONOUR THIS OATH IN MY SERVICE AS A POLICE OFFICER
The Oath Of A Firefighter
I __________________ do solemnly swear to do my duty as a Firefighter for the City of _______ to the best of my ability; to serve my commanding officers with respect and dignity; to serve the citizens of the City of ________ with compassion, courage and integrity; and to uphold the laws and constitutions of the United States of America, the State of ________, and the City of _______; so help me GodFirefighter Oath of Office